Our time on home assignment is drawing to an end and on September 1st we take over directorship of the Home Port Hospitality House on Oahu, HI. It would be an understatement to say we can’t wait to begin loving on soldiers again, sharing our lives and the Gospel through hospitality!
So what exactly have we been doing? A well intentioned person asked if we were enjoying our vacation, but it’s far from what I consider a vacation! We’ve been living out of a suitcase for the last 5 months, 3 of of those months on the road in the 48 states visiting supporters, potential supporters, and family. We were rarely in one place more than 24 hours. We were treated with such wonderful hospitality from our friends, it was a pleasure to visit with each of you and reconnect! The last two months were spent in Alaska visiting with our support base at our home church. We saw some fabulous country on our travels, and all in all we drove over 20,000 miles and saw over 200 families. If this was a vacation, it certainly wasn’t for the faint of heart!
So here’s our current schedule:
- August 13th – I took our truck to port in Anchorage for it to barge to Hawaii.
- August 14th – Penny and I flew back to Watertown, NY to pull our household goods out of storage, put them in a container, and get them shipped to Hawaii.
- August 20th – Penny and I embark from Watertown, NY to Seattle, WA with Nori, our dog, by car. No carrier will transport her to Hawaii except for Hawaiian Airlines, but it must be from the West Coast.
- August 23rd – 26th – Along the way we get Emily situated at college.
- August 29th – We fly from Seattle to Oahu with Nori.
- September 6th – Kelsey will fly to Hawaii with a family friend.
Once in Hawaii we begin the process of familiarizing ourselves with the island and ministry. The Beaudin family is doing well, considering all of the transitions and movement.
Glory to God we announce that we are at 100% monthly support! Our start up funds are almost there too! If you would like to help get us squared away, please click Here!
Enjoy a few pictures from the road! Thanks to each of you who partner with us and are so diligent with your prayers! We feel them and appreciate it greatly!
Thanks for taking time to catch up with us and please pray for all that is on our plate right now. We find it such a joy to serve our Savior and Soliders! If you partner with us you are a vital part of what God is doing in the military! Thank you!
“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
1 Thessalonians 5:8